KEEN HOME COOK WINNER: GARETH FORD
Pan Seared Duck Breast with Balsamic Vinegar Pearls, Roasted Winter Vegetables & Greens
"Being on a gluten free, dairy free diet and abiding by the Low Fodmap diet, this dish ticked all the right boxes as a game dish."
2 Gressingham duck breasts (skin on)
1 large beetroot
2 large potatoes
Balsamic vinegar pearls
Sprigs of rosemary and thyme
Salt & Pepper
1. Prepare veg and cook. Put to one side.
2. With a sharp blade, score the skin in a crosshatch pattern.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. In a cold pan, place the duck breast skin down.
5. Turn on the heat and increase to medium-high heat for 6-8 minutes.
6. Turn breast and cook for a further 3-5 minutes or until internal temp is 130'F.
7. Allow the meat to rest skin side up for 5 minutes.
8. Toss vegetables in same pan to add colour and flavours.
9. During this time, plate up veg.
10. Add duck breast to plate and decorate with balsamic vinegar pearls