2019 KEEN YOUNG COOK FINALIST: LINDA STEFANUTTI
"I love travelling, tasting new flavours and getting to know new cultures.
My recipes tell a bit about me as you can clearly see the Italian influence in the flavours but also the exotic twist of some ingredients.
The menu is also a reflection of my personal attempt to always look for a balanced diet across carbs, protein, fat and sugar. Therefore I purposely choose a lean meat for the main and use no butter in any preparation.
Each bite should be a layer of different powerful flavours that bring you to a journey in my italian-ish world."
Dark Chocolate (65%)
1. Mix the ricotta with the sugar and vanilla until it's a nice and smooth cream.
2. Put the cream in a colander to drain the water and put the colander in the fridge while prepping the rest.
3. Take the digestive and amaretto cookies (80% digestives, 20% amaretti) and crush them with your hands.
4. Add a few spoons of Nutella to the cookies and mix together to make a smooth paste.
5. Take a plate and use a shaping mould to put the paste in a circular shape. The base you are making should be a couple of centimetres high. Put it in the fridge. Save a bit of the cookie crumble for the final decoration.
6. Take the raspberries (save a couple for decoration) and put them in a pan with a bit of sugar and lemon juice. Pan fry them for few minutes.
7. Drain the sauce through a colander to save the liquid and remove the seeds.
8. Take the base of the cake from the fridge and drop a bit of the raspberry liquid in the base (save the rest for the plate decoration).
9. Take the ricotta and add the dark chocolate, cut in small pieces.
10. Put a layer of ricotta on top of the base and put it back in the fridge.
11. Before serving, add the remaining cookie crumble and the raspberry on top. Decorate the plate with the sauce.