2019 KEEN HOME COOK FINALIST: LINDA STEFANUTTI
"I love travelling, tasting new flavours and getting to know new cultures.
My recipes tell a bit about me as you can clearly see the Italian influence in the flavours but also the exotic twist of some ingredients.
The menu is also a reflection of my personal attempt to always look for a balanced diet across carbs, protein, fat and sugar. Therefore I purposely choose a lean meat for the main and use no butter in any preparation.
Each bite should be a layer of different powerful flavours that bring you to a journey in my italian-ish world."
4 Savoy cabbage large leaves (need to be well intact to make the dumplings)
350g of mini fillet chicken
70g of brie (mild flavour)
1 clove of garlic
a few sprigs of fresh rosemary, sage and oregano
2 tablespoons of capers
250g of cherry tomatoes
1 tablespoon of regular flour
1 teaspoon of sugar
100 ml Modena balsamic vinegar glaze (in the squeeze sauce bottle)
1 teaspoon of chilli flakes
extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper
1. Cut the chicken in small pieces and pan fry them in olive oil with half of the garlic clove (smashed), and the fresh herbs.
2. Take the savoy cabbage leaves and boil them in hot water for 1 minute to make them softer. Take them out and dry them on a plate.
3. Fill the centre of the cabbage leaf with the chicken, a piece of the brie and the capers. Fold the leaves in a dumpling shape.
4. Put the dumplings in an oven cookware and put in the oven for approx. 20 min at 180 degrees.
5. Take the cherry tomatoes and put them on an oven tray with a drizzle of olive oil and salt. Put in the oven until they are nicely roasted.
6. Take the tomatoes out and put them in a blender to make a sauce. Add the chilli and a bit of oregano in it.
7. Put the tomato sauce in a pan with a bit of flour and a bit of sugar to remove the over acidity of the tomato and thicken the sauce.
8. Put the sauce on the plate and add a bit of balsamic vinaigrette glaze on it (don't mix).
9. Put the dumplings on top of the sauce and decorate the place with some more drips of the vinaigrette.