LESLEY WATERS COOKERY SCHOOL
Vanilla Creams with Rhubarb and Raspberry Dressing
These velvety smooth puddings and tart fruit make for a delicious combination with the added luxury of white chocolate.
55g/3oz good white chocolate, broken into small pieces
1 vanilla pod, split
300ml/½ pint double cream
250g thick Greek yogurt
For the rhubarb and raspberry dressing
juice 2 oranges
50g/1¾ oz caster sugar
2 medium rhubarb sticks
1. Place the chocolate into a heatproof bowl and with the tip of a small knife, carefully scrape out all the vanilla seeds and add to the chocolate. Set the bowl over a pan of simmering water, until just melted.
2. Lightly whip the cream and stir in the Greek yoghurt. Gently fold in the melted chocolate and spoon into 4 dariole moulds or shot glasses. Place in the fridge and chill for 2 hours.
3. To make the dressing, place the orange juice and sugar into a large shallow pan and place over a medium heat until the sugar has dissolved. Turn up the heat and reduce by half. Add the rhubarb and cook for 1 minute.
4. Place the raspberries in a bowl, pour over the hot rhubarb dressing and set to one side to cool.
5. Turn the moulds out onto a serving plate or serve in shot glasses with a shot glass of dressing. Serve straight away