LESLEY WATERS COOKERY SCHOOL
1 large parsnip, peeled and grated
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
25g (1oz) butter salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Coarsely grate the potatoes and dry well on kitchen paper. Place in a bowl with the parsnips and thyme. Season and mix well.
2. In a large frying pan, heat the oil and butter until foaming.
3. Spoon the mixture into the frying pan and press out to form an even layer. Fry on a medium heat for 7 minutes until golden.
4. Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 6.
5. Turn the rosti out onto a baking tray and slide golden side up back into the pan, cook for a further 10 minutes.
6. Place the pan in the oven and cook the rosti for a further 10 minutes. Slide out onto a serving dish and serve straight away.