LESLEY WATERS COOKERY SCHOOL
Pineapple & Smoked Chicken Sambal
1 large sweet ripe pineapple
1 red chilli, halved, deseeded and finely chopped
30ml (2tbsp) runny honey
2 oranges, juice only
140g (5oz) cooked, smoked chicken, finely shredded
100g (3½ oz) cashew nuts, toasted, chopped
4 spring onions, finely chopped
2 tbsp coriander, chopped
15ml/1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Cut both ends off the pineapple and with a knife cut away the skin, then quarter and remove the core from each wedge. Cut each wedge in half giving 8 wedges in total.
2. Place the pineapple wedges in a bowl add the chilli, honey and orange juice. Toss well and set aside for 10 minutes to marinate.
3. Meanwhile, combine all the smoked chicken sambal ingredients together, season to taste and set to one side.
4. Heat a griddle pan over a medium heat. Remove the pineapple wedges from the marinade, reserving the liquid, and add to the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until lightly charred. Arrange onto 4 serving plates.
5. Pour the reserved marinade into the pan and allow to bubble of the heat for a few seconds. Drizzle the hot dressing over the pineapple wedges and serve with the smoked chicken sambal.