LESLEY WATERS COOKERY SCHOOL
As seen on the Anolon UK stand at the BBC Good Food Show - Winter 2018.
1 English muffin (Halved) or thick slices of sour dough toasted
2 slices air-cured ham pan fried until crisp
Handful of baby spinach leaves shredded finely
Squeeze of 1 lemon
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp Hollandaise sauce
For the Hollandaise sauce
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 bay leaf parsley stalks
1 egg yolk
55g cold cubed unsalted butter
1. Poach the eggs in acidulated boiling water until just cooked, refresh in ice water and drain for later use.
2. Make the hollandaise sauce as stated in method below
3. Toast and butter the muffin , toss spinach in lemon and olive oil and season
4. Top the toast or muffin with the spinach Reheat the poached egg in boiling water, drain and lay on top
5. Spoon over the hollandaise sauce top with crispy ham and serve
Method for Hollandaise sauce
1. Place the vinegar, peppercorns,bay leaf and parsley stalks in a very small pan and simmer until reduced to ½ tablespoon.
2. In a small bowl, beat together the egg yolk, salt and a knob of the butter. Place the bowl in small roasting tin of gently simmering water and beat until slightly thickened
3. Add the strained vinegar reduction to the bowl and beat again.
4. With the bowl in the gentle simmering water, gradually beat in the softened butter in small amounts. The sauce will become lighter and thicker as more butter is gradually added. (Remove the bowl out of the water if it becomes to hot, take care not to curdle eggs )
5. When all the butter has been added remove from the heat and beat for 1 minute. Season to taste with lemon juice, and salt. Keep warm over a bowl of hot water or serve at once.