LESLEY WATERS COOKERY SCHOOL
Coconut & Cardamom Quenelles Served with Exotic Salad
Makes 12 meringue quenelles.
Exotic fruits such as mango, passion fruit and papaya are gorgeous served alongside the meringue quenelles and lime posset.
Lesley demonstrated this dessert at the National Final of the Teflon™ Diamond Standard Awards Keen Young Cook Final 2019.
4 egg whites
225g cardamom caster sugar
2 tsp cornflour
1 tsp white wine vinegar
70g desiccated coconut
1. Heat oven to 140c fan/Gas mark 1
2. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
3. Whisk the egg whites until stiff and gradually whisk in all of the sugar a tablespoon at a time.
4. Fold into the meringue mixture the cornflour ,vinegar and two thirds of the coconut carefully.
5. Using dessert spoons, drop egg shaped spoonfuls of mixture onto the parchment. Scatter over the remaining coconut.
6. Place in the oven and bake for 50 min/1 hour depending on size or until they lift easily from the parchment.
beat for 1 minute. Season to taste with lemon juice, and salt. Keep warm over a bowl of hot water or serve at once.