GUEST RECIPE: ELLA DUPREE
Giant Cous Cous & Almond Pesto Salad
"The best salad ever!"
- 200g of giant couscous
- 500ml of veg stock
- 150g or sugar snap peas
- 150g tender stem broccoli
- 150g asparagus
- 100g of peas
- 100g of spinach leaves
-2 garlic cloves, minced
-LOTS of basil (about 100g)
- 70g almonds
- 50g parmesan cheese, grated
- 2bsp of olive oil (If poss lime infused)
- 1 clove of garlic (roughly chopped)
- juice of half a lemon
- pinch of salt and pepper
1. Boil 200g of Giant couscous in 500ml of vegetable stock for about 8-10 mins in a pan and set aside. All thé couscous should be cooked and liquid absorbed.
2. Cut the veg into bite sized chunks. Few sprays of light olive oil into a large non stick frying pan, on medium to high heat & add the chopped greens & crushed garlic & cook for about 6/7 mins.
3. Make the pesto: cook 70g of almonds in a pan, until they have gone light brown- make sure they don’t burn. Then add all the ingredients for the pesto into a bullet/ processor and blend until it’s blended but NOT COMPLETELY SMOOTH (tastes nicer when it’s still a bit chunky).
4. Add the spinach to the pan of veggies & heat up so the spinach has time to warm up and soften a little. Squeeze in half a lemon and stir gently.
5. Add everything to a salad bowl & mix in the pesto. Sprinkle with feta and pomegranate (optional) and a sliced chili if you want it to have a bit of kick (also optional). Finally, squeeze half a lemon over the top & gently season.