ASPIRING STUDENT CHEF & KEEN HOME COOK -TECHNICAL CHALLENGE DISH
This dish was the challenge for the technical stage of the Final for the Aspiring Student Chefs & Keen Home Cooks in the Teflon™ Diamond Standard Awards 2018.
1 English muffin (Halved)
2 tbsp Hollandaise sauce*
*For Hollandaise Sauce
240g clarified butter
3 egg yolks
25ml vinegar reduction
Juice of ½ lemon
Pinch cayenne pepper
1. Poach the eggs in acidulated boiling water until just cooked, refresh in ice water and drain for later use.
2. Make the hollandaise sauce as stated in method below
3. Toast and butter the muffin and lay the ham on neatly
4. Reheat the poached egg in boiling water, drain and lay on top of the ham
5. Spoon over the hollandaise sauce and serve
For Hollandaise Sauce
1. Whisk egg yolks, water and vinegar reduction over a bain marie until ribbon stage.
2. Remove from the heat and slowly add the clarified butter whisking all of the time.
3. Add lemon juice and season with cayenne pepper and salt.