Orange, Carrot and Cranberry Muffins
Ideal for any picnic or teatime treat. Enjoy best when they are still warm.
Preparation time: 15 Minutes
Cooking time: 20 Minutes
300g self-raising flour
75g caster sugar
75g muscovado sugar
½ tsp baking powder
1 large orange, zest and juice
70g butter, melted
150g carrot, grated
80g dried cranberries
Pinch of salt
For the Drizzle
100g icing sugar
2 tbsp orange juice
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan assisted/Gas mark 6. Place 12 muffin cases into the muffin tin.
2. Sieve the flour and baking powder into a bowl and mix in the sugar, orange zest and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, orange juice, melted butter and eggs.
4. Add the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and whisk until it just comes together, then fold in the carrot and cranberries.
5. Divide the mixture between 12 muffin cases and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
6. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and leave to cool.
7. For the drizzle, combine the orange juice and icing sugar in a bowl until smooth, and drizzle over the muffins. Allow to set briefly before serving.