2018 KEEN YOUNG COOK FINALIST: AINI AMIN
Strawberries & Cream Genoise
Caster Sugar 125 g
Flour 125 g
Eggs 4 medium
Butter 40 g
Vanilla extract 1 tsp
Fresh cream 600-700 g
Strawberries 250 g
Sugar syrup... Sugar 1/2 cup+ water 3/4 cup (cook until sugar dissolves, cool, I will use it just for brushing not all of it)
1. Whip sugar and eggs until triple in volume. Then add vanilla.
2. Add in flour in 2-3 batches and fold carefully.
3. Add in melted butter and fold.
4. Pour into two 6 inch round pans.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 175 C for 15-20 minutes.
6. Take out let cool.
7. Cut strawberries.
8. Whip cream with 2 tbsp icing sugar.
9. Layer cake with cream and strawberries.